Sunday, September 3, 2017

College Life

Time flies when you're having fun.
I guess so. I mean, not everything in the past year has been super fun per se but it's been good overall.

It's been a while since I posted on this blog. Like almost a year.
And now I'm at college. For real, not joking.
It's crazy. Fun, exciting, and scary too.
I mean, I'm away from home for longer than I've ever been in my life and I'm living with two people I didn't even know existed until now. I'm learning so many things like how to squeeze in doing laundry when there's only one washer and one drier on your floor and you're way too lazy to go to a different floor that may or may not have more washers and driers. (And even if I did that, there's no telling if they'd be free and if they were being used that would be a total waste of time and energy.)

But life is pretty good. A little overwhelming on the homework side of things but really great on the learning new things side.

I love where I am right now; not only is it not far from home, it's also beautiful and small.
I'm at Southern Virginia University, a little liberal arts college nestled in the Shenandoah Valley.
The students are friendly, the professors are great, the ecclesiastical leaders are marvelous; what's not to love? (...Beside the whole "only one washer and one drier on my floor" thing.)

So before I left, I watched some videos on what to bring and what not to and things that people don't tell you about college. Most of them were pretty helpful.
I have a lot of quiet time in my dorm without my roommates because I'm just not social. Or, as social as they are. Which is okay, I mean, it's not like I'm a total alien to the rest of the student body. (Actually, quite a few people know my name and I don't remember theirs which is really unfortunate; and I thought I was good with names.)

But overall, college has been a blast.
And it's only been one week.
I'll just have to wait and see what the rest of the semester has in store for me, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment